The terms and conditions of this agreement apply to any vehicles, including replacement vehicles, rented from Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services. The Render shall rent the vehicle for the rental period stated in this agreement. Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services may agree to extend this rental period at own discretion. If the renter fails to return the vehicle at the end of the period. Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services shall either charge the rental at the contracted rate for the period of of time renter has possession of the vehicle or Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services resumes possession of the which case the renter shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services in resuming possession of the vehicle. The Renter shall return the vehicle, together with all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment to the Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services station specified on the enclosed rental agreements (location & date).
- The Renter shall ensure the vehicle and keys is kept good condition at all times during the period of rental. The Renter shall ensure the vehicle is kept locked when the vehicle is not in use, and the Renter will incur a charge a charge (which Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services will set from time to time) for lost keys. The Renter shall utilize any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. The Renter must ensure that the correct fuel is used for the vehicle.
- The Renter shall be fully responsible for any damage to the exterior part of the vehicle (front, rear, upper, lower sides and under carriage) caused by hitting any object. This applies irrespective of whether or not the Renter has opted for the super collision damage waiver and collision damage waiver in accordance with clause 6.
- The renter shall not sell, rent, remove, replace or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts thereof. The renter shall not grant any person (s) any legal right over the vehicle.
- The Renter shall not carry out any repair or service work on the vehicle without out obtaining the written permission of Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services.
- The Renter must notify Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services immediately as soon as the Renter is aware of a defect of damage in the vehicle and the Renter is liable for all damage and loss(including theft) caused to the vehicle during the period of rental.
- Upon the end of the rental period the Renter shall return the vehicle to the agreed return location, during the operating hours displayed at the rental location and Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services’s staff shall examine the vehicle to ascertain that the vehicle to is in good condition. Where Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services has agreed that the Renter may return the vehicle outside operating hours, or where the Renter has requested collection of the vehicle. The Renter’s liability of damage, theft, parking violations and charges shall extend to mid day of the first working day following the collection time (working day is defined according to station operating hours or the time of re-inspection of the vehicle by a member of Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services’s Staff.
- Damage to the vehicle includes damage and/or loss of glass, tyre rims, vehicle light, tyre and interior accessories.
- The renter shall pay for repairs is the vehicle requires more than Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services standard cleaning, or if the vehicle has been damaged on the interior or exterior (whether or not it is the Renter’s fault).
- The renter shall ensure on the return of vehicle that the renter has not left any personal belongings in the vehicle and Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services shall not be responsible for any of the Renter’s personal belongings left in the vehicle.
Condition for using the vehicle
- The vehicle shall not be operated by any person(s) who has given to Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services a fictitious name or false age or address.
- The vehicle shall only be driven by person(s) named overleaf, or by anyone Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services authorizes in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have held a valid full current driving license for at least one year.
- Probationary license holders are strictly not permitted to drive Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services vehicle.
- The renters or any authorized driver shall not :
- Use the vehicle for hire to rewards.
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose.
- Use the vehicle off-road, or racing, pacemaking, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed, to propel or tow any vehicle or trailer or to teach someone to drive.
- Use the vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other illegal substances as determined by the authorities.
- Carry a number of passenger and/or baggage which could cause the vehicle to be overloaded or to transport goods in violation of customs regulation or any illegal manner as determined by the authorities.
- During the period of rental, the use of the vehicle is restricted strictly within Peninsular Malaysia.
- Entry to Thailand is strictly prohibited.
- Durians, mangosteens and any other fruits bearing strong odor is strictly prohibited in the vehicle.
The rental charges under this Agreement includes motor third party insurance. This provides coverage in respect of property damage,3rd party bodily injury and death liability. Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services will provide Super Collision Damage Waiver, Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection if the Renter has indicated his acceptance by singing on the appropriate boxes overleaf. If the Renter accepts these, the Renter still has to pay the excesses as shown overleaf each time the vehicle is damaged or stolen ( even if it not the Renter’s fault) The benefit of Super Collision Damage Waiver. Collision Damaged Waiver and Theft Protection may not apply in circumstances where the Renter has utilized the vehicle in an abusive manner or as specified in Clause 4. The Renter can obtain details of Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services Risk Protection Program (including the main exclusion) from any Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services location. Should the Renter purchase Personal Accident Insurance ( PAI) and or Super Personal Accident Insurance ( SPAI) as indicated overleaf he shall obtain cover under the terms of the insurance policy supplied by Flintstone Car Rental & Tour Services. The Renter is bound by and agrees to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
Usually the rule as follows: pick up full, return full. This means you pick up the car with a full fuel tank and you should also return the vehicle with a full fuel tank. Some suppliers will charge for this service initially but will refund the fee on return, if the fuel tank is full (otherwise you will be charged for the missing).
During the booking process you will be asked about your age. Minimum driving age varies between 18 and 21 years depending upon countries and regions.
Drivers License in Malaysia
Drivers must hold a full license. Limit of minimal period of holding a licence might be required.
If the national driver license of the renter is not in Roman alphabet, an International Driver’s License (IDL) might be required. International driver’s license must be accompanied by the driver’s original domestic driving license.
International Driving Licence
Please check with the your car hire supplier (please see your voucher) if international driving license is required in Malaysia. The International Driving Licence (IDL) is recognised worldwide as a document that identifies its holder as a licensed driver in countries with different official language than your domestic license was issued. You must also provide a National Driver’s Licence together with the international licence, otherwise it may not be accepted.